In my time as a writer I have learned a few rules that I really NEED to learn to follow;
1. Quit underestimating the time a job will take. I need to start doubling my estimated time, if it takes less I can always bill less
2. Stop giving the customers free work. If the assignment is 300 words then give them 300 words not 700.
3. Stay in the correct tense. If the writing is in the third person stay in the third person.
4. When the husband is home, put my earphones on. I don’t need to listen to every comment he makes to himself.
5. Quit underestimating the time a job will take
6. Ask questions
8. Quit under estimating the time a job will take. If husband is home, triple your estimate
9. Actually read all of these e-courses you signed up for
11. Learn new media, no matter how boring it might be.
10. If all else fails lock child and husband in the bathroom and take laptop to some remote wi-fi location where you can work undisturbed.